News & Announcements
Computer Science Summit
Save the Date-This is a PDF document.: In partnership with a number of different organizations, the Virginia Department of Education would like to announce a Computer Science Summit for K-12 teachers and administrators to be held on July 18, 2019 at James Madison University. Attendees will share resources, get familiar with the standards, and get excited about Computer Science! Registration details will be released in the coming weeks.
Updated Computer Science Course Codes
The newly developed Computer Science courses for Middle and High school have been assigned course codes. Details regarding the updates to Computer Science course codes can be found in Superintendent's Memo 263-18.
Computer Science Resources
- Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
- Expanding Computer Education Pathways (ECEP) Alliance
- 2016 Virginia Acts of Assembly Item 138, page 117 – Information regarding the funding appropriation related to computer science training and infrastructure
- CSTA 2017 K-12 Computer Science Standards
- K12CS Computer Science
- Breaking the Code on a Career in Cybersecurity Video Series – The Virginia Space Grant Consortium has developed a new, free video series that provide background on the importance of cybersecurity in our computer and data-driven world. Read the April 18, 2017, press release (Word) for more information.
Contact Timothy Ellis, Computer Science Specialist, by email or by phone at 804-225-3489 with questions about Computer Science. Questions about the Computer Science Standards of Learning can also be sent to VACSStandards@doe.virginia.gov.